Dear friends in Jesus Christ,
In today’s letter to you, I would like to discuss, on the topic which holds a great important in our Christian lives.
How to Pray
In the beginning, I thank father, for he is my everything, and he leads me in all, and ask you all, to say a prayer for me, so that I can show you the ways all of it, just like I’ve showed.
Isn’t it true friends, that we all at some point of our lives, struggle with this persistent issue?
And I tell you what, all what I’ve been telling you till now, about how to have faith, through obedience, love & personal experience, to bring glory to God the father, will not be useful, if we don’t pray, simply because prayer is the ammunition that we need to do father’s mission.
If my words hurt you now friend, them I’m earnestly sorry for that, for that godly sorrow which just entered in your heart it will bring repentance and I’m sure will change in your heart.
- Now all I’m saying this to you because, our lives are in union with Christ Jesus, and with Abba Father through the power of the Holy Spirit, remember when Jesus was praying for you and me as we see in John 17:6
Jesus Prays for His Disciples
6 “I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. 9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10 All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. 11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.
That he speaks about being united with father and son and the spirit as one.
- So this leads me to your question why should we pray?
One of the priests in our church while giving a sermon told us this story, which I want to share with you.
He told us that one of basic commodity of today’s word is a mobile phone nearly everyone has one.
Now it runs on battery, and it gets empty as we use it throughout the day, and at night or when its charge runs out, we simple have to charge it again to use it.
Our lives are just like the same friends, where our soul is our battery and the food of soul is prayer.
If we do not pray regularly, our soul will be weak, and ultimately become obsolete, and won’t be able to lead our lives just like Christ wants us to.
- Now what will happen then?
We will be vulnerable, vulnerable to the king of all evils, the serpent, we will be so vulnerable to its snares and its temptations that imagine walking in a world which is hostile, and going there without any defense?
Because St Paul says, “for our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”( Ephesians 6:12)
I was there, my friends in Christ Jesus, I was there, running wild, didn’t knowing what to do, every single day waking up thinking why am I alive? I didn’t know what to do, I simple used to ask God that why you didn’t take my life when I was sleeping, and trust me that’s what depression looks like. For one whole year I was there. And I tell you friends its dangerous and one really do not want to be there.
So that you do not go there friend, I urge you, or so that you hear me, I beg of you, please pray.
- Now I would like to tell you how to pray.
Surprisingly enough, all of you know a lot many ways to pray, even more than I do.
But there is no definite rule to my knowledge on how to pray. I tell you friends what I believe, “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, you must do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31), and that my friend,is prayer for you.
But it has a few conditions,
- When you pray remember to praise him first, I mean even if you are going through a tough time, remember he is keeping you alive, I mean a few days ago I saw this picture, though it’s in its comic form its meaningful.
- Remember to surrender, and when I say surrender, I mean surrender like you are lost and like a baby you’re crying, crying to find your near and dear ones and to run to them and in this case running to Jesus. So when you pray you might cry, but don’t be surprised and keep on surrendering falling down in your knees, tell God what you have and what you don’t have, you’re success and your failures. You’re going through a breakup, or abuse, or you’re fighting with addictive behaviors like lying, or angriness, just tell it at his feet, and just give it all to him.
- Remember to say sorry for all your sins from your heart, and to forgive all the persons who have hurt you because if you hold someone back, your sins would be hold back too, as the scripture says “And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins” Mark 11.25)
- I tell you what friends, the next one is about intentions and petitions, ask Jesus like he’s your friend your elder brother, because he is. As John 15:15 says “whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you” But be sure to ask for other people first and then for yourself as an act of humility before God.
Till now you have prepared yourself for the Lord to speak, and now if you leave, you’ll miss his Words, his Holy Words, and the fruit of your prayer.
- So this my friend, is Lectio Divina (Divine Reading), the one thing, which I really love and the one thing which I give you friends as a personal gift from me today, just as Jesus gave it to me.
By now I believe that you have a firm imagination in your mind that your friend, your Jesus is sitting in front of you and talking to you. (Well if you have not then, try to imagine that)
In your very own way ask father, to open your eyes that you can see the words, to open your ears that you can hear him, to open your heart that you can understand and feel him.
After this just like, Samuel said, “Speak for your servant is listening” (1st Samuel 3.10), say something like this in your own words or you can use this as well. Then open your bible and kiss it, for the page your have opened has that secret message, the blessed assurance.
Lift it high as your hands can go, and praise god for hearing you out and answering you, then ask God to show you, where in the pages which you just opened is his message for you, now this part can be different, but God will show you.
Like in my case when I ask God to show me, I see an amazing light, falling on a particular paragraph or a verse which only I can see, even when my eyes are closed.
So that is how my friend, your God and mine will speak to you in that way.
And then if you understand the message, very well, you should proceed to the next step, if you don’t keep on asking god to reveal this message to you, and you will see how it gets revealed and how it becomes more meaningful.
- Then the last part giving thanks to God for the amazing grace you just received.
But friends, I must warn you against some sins which I did so that you may not fall on the same trap.
- Warning against pride
So I tell you friends all of these won’t work if you are not humble, and if you do not love people the same way Christ loved us.
The Vatican achieves will help us to know this more “Scripture speaks of a sin of these angels.269 This “fall” consists in the free choice of these created spirits, who radically and irrevocably rejected God and his reign. We find a reflection of that rebellion in the tempter’s words to our first parents: “You will be like God.”270 The devil “has sinned from the beginning”; he is “a liar and the father of lies”.271”
- Now I’ll tell you on a personal level why, why you should be humble and try to love the way Christ has loved you.
When I was in my bible school, learning, studying theology and the bible, it was an amazing joy for me.
But in my negligence of humility, all of these knowledge made me proud, and so proud my friend, that I used to compare me with the priests or other pious people, and I use think that I’m right and they are all wrong.
I used to think like Adam and Eve did, believing in Satan’s temptation that “You will be like Gods”.
- And you want to know what happened to me after that?
The same thing that happened to Adam and Eve, banishment from the God’s grace, mercy & love, living in flesh, living in sin, where the cloud of my sky became so thick, that I cannot see God anymore. It was God’s punishment for me, Just like God punished Israel like we see in the book of Numbers (Numbers 14:34) “For forty years—one year for each of the forty days you explored the land—you will suffer for your sins and know what it is like to have me against you.’ 35 I, the Lord, have spoken, and I will surely do these things to this whole wicked community, which has banded together against me. They will meet their end in this wilderness; here they will die.”
- For over a year I was fought Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, and Panic Disorder. In short it was hell for me.
So friends this is my warning to you, Satan in cunning and it will make you proud, but when this comes to you, I’ll tell you friends what to do, because now I know who we are as Genesis 2:7 says “Then the Lord God took some clay from the ground and formed a man out of it; he breathed life-giving breath into his nostrils and the man began to live.” Remind yourself that we are nobody; we are that clay which God breathed life in.
It is only God who came from heaven to show us light, that is why we know, and we know what we are told by the spirit. It is not controlled by us, it’s a gift, a privilege that he has given us so that we can be his apostles, and bring glory to father on earth and when our life ends on earth that we can become one with the father and the son and the spirit just like Christ willed.
- My next warning to you is to stay away from False Prophets and Pharisees,
There is, but huge difference between a God’s chosen apostle and false self proclaimed prophet, as the scripture says
“I Never Knew You
21 “Not everyone who calls me ‘Lord, Lord’ will enter the Kingdom of heaven, but only those who do what my Father in heaven wants them to do. 22 When the Judgment Day comes, many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord! In your name we spoke God’s message, by your name we drove out many demons and performed many miracles!’ 23 Then I will say to them, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you wicked people!” (Matthew 7:21)
Now how will you know the difference?
- God’s apostles will do everything in his name, saying that it is God who is doing it, but self proclaimed false prophets will say I did it.
- God’s apostles will be humble and they will show you through their works, the love of Christ that they have received, but the false prophets can’t be humble and can’t show you the love of Christ because they don’t have it.
I’m telling you all these because they will tell you to scream to shout to do this and that just thinking that they are teaching you how to pray.
But in reality, if they don’t know it how to so how can they teach you?
And why do they not know?
It is said in 2 Corinthians 4:4 that “The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.”
So I tell you friends, again do everything that brings Glory to God the father, for that is and will be forever the definition of prayer.
- Now I’ve told you a lot, but everything hangs at the edge of a sword if you do not Believe in death of our lord, or in the rising of Lord from death, or in God the Father or the Holy Spirit.
I’m sorry if you do not believe, my friend, you are simply wasting your time. I told you must have faith
in my last letter. So if you do not have faith, nothing else really matters.
In light of this I want you to fill yourself with the scripture reading that I give you today, which father gave me.
Jesus Appears to Thomas(John 20:24-29)
24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”
But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
So these are the basic things I told you about praying, remember you can do whatever brings Glory to God, The Holy Eucharist, Rosary prayer, or Singing a Hymn or attending a Charismatic meetings, are all ways of prayer.
- But I also want to encourage you to have a personal prayer time for yourself, when you and your God will sit beside one another and will talk that’s all , remember what Matthew 6:6 says “But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then you’re Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”
- Lastly, I want to end this letter by saying friend, keep your bible handy at all times, no matter what you do, where you go, because who knows when you’re in trouble, the only thing that will strengthen you, can be His Holy Words.
And I tell you this because the 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
Peace be with you friend.
PLEASE SHARE THIS MESSAGE AMONG YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS